The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has reacted to a report making the rounds that the group has various factions.
In a statement by its spokesperson, Emma Powerful, the group boasted that it has representation in over 100 countries. The group also pointed out that it has no faction and reiterated that Nnamdi Kanu remains its leader.
“We, the Global Movement and Family of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) under the great leadership of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, wish to draw the attention of some media houses in Nigeria and the world to the fact that IPOB does not have a faction.
“Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is the sole leader of IPOB, therefore any person claiming to be the IPOB autopilot group is a total fake and must be ignored. Either you are IPOB or you are not.
“IPOB under the leadership of our great leader Mazi Nnamdi KANU supports all Igbo youths, market women and men, religious men and women who wish to join the ongoing protest against the gruesome killings of Igbo youths.
“We encourage everyone to show solidarity because it could be you tomorrow.
We call on our people to continue the non-violent peaceful protest in Imo State because this evil government has killed too many people.
We cannot remain silent and allow them to finish off our people in Imo State.
“IPOB has time and again stated that Simon Ekpa is not and will never be a member of IPOB.
Let these facts sink in for all to understand:
1. IPOB is only ONE organization.
2. IPOB is represented in over 100 nations.
3. IPOB has only one leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
4. IPOB has a governing body called Directorate Of States (DOS) headed by Mazi Chika Edoziem.
5. in the absence of our leader, the head of the DOS takes charge of the global movement and family of the Indigenous People of Biafra. Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has repeatedly informed our people in several live broadcasts that the DOS will lead this struggle as long as he leads.
6. ESN is a unit and is under the command of DOS in the absence of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
“Therefore, the IPOB leadership (DOS) wishes to reiterate to Biafrans, freedom lovers and the media that IPOB under Mazi Nnamdi KANU has no factions and will not relent in leading the movement until our leader Mazi Nnamdi KANU is released from the DSS dungeon. The autopilots are a government sponsored group paid to infiltrate IPOB and create the impression that IPOB is divided.”